Friday, September 19, 2008

a quick dinner-time post :)

It is Friday, 12:48, and for once I'm not quite ready for the weekend.

I have Remington's birthday party on Saturday (need to finish his little monster!!!) and pick up vegetables for a tray. Then on Sunday it's Theodore's dedication at church (he's one of my nephews) and a little party afterward (which I need to bring fruit to), and I need to wrap his gift.
Then it's Jeremy's birthday party Sunday evening from 19:00-23:00 and in between the dedication and the bd party, I might be meeting Anna from Finland!

To top it off, my little House Under the Store is quite a disaster and I am hosting a 5th ave. party on Mundae night.

hmmmm.

But one thing I've realised in this past week is that when you are forced to live on a 'shoe-string', you do find the best deals.

For example:
[picture coming soon! for now, imagine a 6.5' tall pantry with two little doors on the top, and two tall doors below, brown trimmed with off-black centers and only 3 handles. The 4th is gone, off to oblivion]





This is my new pantry. It has secret (and now not-so-secret) compartments! Just picked it up last night after work. I scrubbed it up with lots of love and happiness. Mum was over for a bit last night and I think she heard me say I was so happy at least 20 times! But it's true, I'm happy.

I am happy because I really needed more cupboard/storage space (living in rubber-maid containers is not fun...been doing it for over a year), and I got it for a fair price. I could've gone to IKEA or Wal-Mart *gags* and got 1/2 the size for double the price and it would fall apart in the next move. No, not the next from 'this house to that house' move, I mean the next move from 'this corner of the room to that corner of the room' move. So I am happy. But to keep this short and simple, and because I must, off to work again :)

No comments: